Sunday, August 12, 2007

Musical Interlude

Now that I've figured out how to upload videos to YouTube, here are some samplings of the kind of music I've heard in Trujillo.

First video: from left, this is our mission engineer and architect, and a couple guys from our local church. Gives an idea of traditional Peruvian folk music.




Second video: This is a concert that took place outside of Plaza Vea this Saturday morning, performed by a US Navy band. They were from the HSHS Comfort, a hospital ship docked in nearby Salaverry to do some charity work. The video is a bit grainy since it was taken on a cell phone by Ludwig Celiz - who coincidentally is the far left musician in the video above! You can hear me asking him to take pictures at the very end. This was such a New York moment, going grocery shopping and randomly stumbling into a brass band concert, which is why I have such a big smile on my face.

Note the sign and slogan for Plaza Vea: "Toda Cuesta Menos"!




And finally, this is a video I took a few months ago at our intern farewell party in May. The guitarrist is a local musician I don't know, but he was a whiz on the guitar.

No comments: